Minden Presbyterian Church
The Minden Presbyterian Church was built in 1924. The first church building was a one-room white frame building enclosed by a picket fence and was built in 1891 on land donated by Hervey Drake and W.A. Drake. It was at the location of the present church. The present sanctuary, which is Neo-Gothic architecture, was built in 1924. Classrooms are housed on the second floor behind the sanctuary. Building and furnishings cost $35,000 in 1924. A new Hook and Hastings organ, donated by Mr. & Mrs. C.M. Hutton and S.G. Webb, was installed. The sanctuary remains much the same except that the choir loft was moved from the podium to a side room that was originally a multipurpose room for overflow crowds and church activities. The podium was made smaller, and the organ has been reworked twice, with additional ranks added. In 1962, the three large stained glass windows in the front of the sanctuary were installed. In 1971, the remaining front window and narthex window were added. In 1995, side windows were replaced with stained glass. The Hutton Hall educational building was added in 1955, and an activities building was built in 1985. The sanctuary has been renovated inside and out with new paint, varnish, carpet, pew cushions, and the organ reworked. Minden Presbyterian Church is the oldest church building in Minden and is located in the Historic Residential District.